PheMomenon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.phemomenon.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TWD: World Peace Cookies

Photobucket

I could hardly contain myself I was so excited that someone finally chose to make these cookies for our Tuesdays with Dorie pick - huge thanks to Jessica of cookbookhabit. These cookies may very well be what got me interested in food blogs in the first place. I remember, it was almost two years ago, when I decided I should find out what food blogs were all about. I didn't know where to find them though, so I remember I just did a Google search for 'food blogs'. Well, no big surprise here, but the one I remember coming up was Smitten Kitchen. Now that I was hooked and reading Smitten Kitchen it should come as no big surprise that when Deb posted the World Peace Cookies I basically went straight home and made them. Deb's writing was so funny and I the cookies looked so amazing... and they are.

Photobucket

I will never forget the title of her post though because it just stuck with me... especially after I tasted one of these cookies. "In which world peace eludes me." I have to agree with Deb here because, frankly, I share most everything I make and love to share and want others to enjoy. These little chocolate cookies though? Not so much. I hoard them. They don't make me feel peaceful when I think of giving them away. However, should the governments of the world choose to provide a cookie or two a day for all the populations, then I could see world peace happening. If I have to share these... maybe not.

I freeze the dough and hide the baked cookies to keep them all for myself. I don't know of any other recipe that makes me into such a selfish person, but these cookies - oh yes. I become as stingy as they come. Well - I do share they with my immediate family, but that is about it. The problem with that of course is also that it means I eat them all myself. They are just so good and so eatable. I wish I could describe how insanely good these are, and the fact that if you haven't made them before, you are really missing out on possibly one of the very best chocolate delivery devices that are available to us mere humans.

Now, I implore you, go forth and make these cookies so that you can eat them while you are reading all the other Tuesdays with Dorie bloggers posts today - if you don't have one in hand while reading, you will be very sad indeed!

Photobucket

27 comments:

Di said...

How funny, Holly! I totally hoard certain things that I bake. Your cookies look delicious.

chocolatechic said...

I am another hoarder.

Especially when chocolate is involved.

Your cookies look fabulous.

LyB said...

Oh, thick, chocolatey cookies! Wait a sec while I grab one... OK! I "found" the World Peace cookies on Deb's blog too, I think I left her a ton of comments on that post alone! I love these so, sharing is tough, but worth it. :)

Melissa said...

Beautimus!

Susan @ SGCC said...

I always try to hoard these too! I love these cookies! They're one of my faves. Yours turned out just great! Your photos are gorgeous! Well done!

Kajal@aapplemint said...

These cookies looks so damn delicious! specially the last picture is such a teaser !

Pamela said...

Your cookies look fabulous! So thick and decadent looking. I did want to hoard these, but I decided I wanted to fit in my pants for a little longer. They were so good!

doughmesstic said...

That's exactly why I didn't make these again! BIG BUTT COOKIES. Geez - yours look sooo good.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this - I don't want to share these. They are an amazing "chocolate delivery device." Your photos look amazing!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

great post, and awesome cookies! no wonder you keep them to yourself!

Manggy said...

I KNEW it! That's how these cookies will destroy the world-- through gluttonous hoarding! Hah hah hah :) Totally kidding Holly-- and I don't blame you! ;)

Engineer Baker said...

I had the same reaction - these are a hoard-able commodity. Beautiful job!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Well, you hit the nail right on the head. I am very sad indeed right now because I love these cookies, but didn't make them this time around (posted from a previous WP baking session). It's pretty much torture to read all the posts and know that I don't have any here, and haven't had any for a couple of months. Meanwhile we've made so many other Dorie cookies!
Nancy

Tania said...

These look great, your pics turned out great. My cookies kind of deflated! But man are they yummy!
These are on my top ten list of cookies for sure!

Take care,
Tania
love big, bake often

Anonymous said...

What a neat circle these cookies made around you. They are beautiful.

kimberly salem said...

i have been kicking myself for not having any on hand while reading everyone's blogs... then again, i would have had to bring them in to work, where they would have been devoured in about 4 seconds by the ravenous mob here ;) yours look delicious!

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

I am crazy about these too and I am so happy to finally have made them and understand the passion for these tasty little morsels. Your photos are so pretty.

The Food Librarian said...

You deserve all of these!!! They look great and glad they were your first "blog" cookie!

Leslie said...

Aren't these the most amazing cookies? I have no problem justifying having another and another and another.

Leslie said...

Aren't these the most amazing cookies? I have no problem justifying having another and another and another.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I love your photos. Especially the last one with the bite. Your WP cookies look wonderful. YUM!

Gigi said...

These are my all time favorite cookies! Seriously. I have an unbaked log in my freezer right now! Yours came picture perfect.

Julie Pia said...

Hey Phemomenon,

I would love to join the "Hive". I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it sounds so fun. I would also love to join the Daring bakers and not sure how to do that either. I love to cook/bake and I would love to be challenged with these different recipes. Will you please let me know how I get started. Thanks so much!

Love,
Julie Pia

utopiapictures@aol.com
monkeeinthemiddle.blogspot.com

TeaLady said...

Yes, I have a roll in the freezer, waiting for me, calling to me, wanting me to bake them and they are MINE ALLL MMMMIIIINNNNEEEEEE..

I am only sad mine don't look as pretty as yours.

Shari said...

I wish I could munch on one while reading this post! Yours look amazing!

Unknown said...

Looks like you're much more of a baker than I had ever thought! Wow! I'm excited to try these cookies, too. If ever you're in need of someone else to share your treats with, you know how to find me!!!

Vanessa said...

I must make these.
vanessa from inevergrewup.net

Blog Widget by LinkWithin