PheMomenon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.phemomenon.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TWD: Gingered Carrot Cookies + cream cheese filling

Photobucket


I really didn't know if I would end up getting around to making this week's cookie recipe for the Gingered Carrot Cookies for Tuesdays with Dorie.  The recipe was chosen by Natalia at gatti fili e farina and I'm so very glad she spotted this one tucked away in the book.  I'm not sure, because they don't sound familiar that I did notice this one in the book before.  And what a shame missing out on this recipe would have been.

Of course, as usual I couldn't leave well enough alone and changed some of the ingredients a bit.  I left out the raisins - no shocker there with me of course.  I wasn't sure how that was going to affect the texture so I decided to replace that cup of raisins with another cup of carrots. Dorie's description made the carrot flavor sound fairly subtle and I didn't think I would mind the extra hit of the carrot flavor.

Photobucket

I also happened to have some left over orange candied pecans (I'll post that recipe soon!) so I used those instead of the plain pecans.  I didn't really think the extra flavor would be noticeable, but it actually did still stand out in the cookie - and it was awesome!

The last thing I did to change things up was simply to turn some of these cookies into little inside-out carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting in the middle.  Any version would do - and incidentally I think it would be really nice with a little hint of cinnamon in the frosting.

Be sure to visit the TWD blog for everyone's links that made the cookies this week.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Memória said...

Your cookies look fabulous! My mom would love these.

Nickki said...

I am so glad Natalia picked this recipe otherwise I would have been missing out! I loved it. Your picture is just awesome!

Natalie said...

I thought of doing sandwich cookies, too! Who can resist a little cream cheese?

Di said...

Yum! Those look delicious sandwiched with the cream cheese frosting. Great idea.

Fallon said...

Yum!!! The carrot replacement was a good idea.

Sue said...

LOVE the sandwich cookie version-YUM!

Engineer Baker said...

Perfection! Then again, I'll take any excuse to consume cream cheese frosting :)

natalia said...

Ciao Holly ! Your cookies look so good !! Thank you for joining me this week !

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

making them into sandwiches sounds delish. i loved these cookies!!!

Mary said...

The extra carrots sound like a great idea! The filling in the middle looks fabulous in the orange cookies. I left the raisins out too, and used cream cheese, but as an ice cream. Vegetables+ice cream=a balanced meal.
:)

Unknown said...

Sandwich cookies! Yumm!! Great idea ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin