PheMomenon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TWD: Gingered Carrot Cookies + cream cheese filling


I really didn't know if I would end up getting around to making this week's cookie recipe for the Gingered Carrot Cookies for Tuesdays with Dorie.  The recipe was chosen by Natalia at gatti fili e farina and I'm so very glad she spotted this one tucked away in the book.  I'm not sure, because they don't sound familiar that I did notice this one in the book before.  And what a shame missing out on this recipe would have been.

Of course, as usual I couldn't leave well enough alone and changed some of the ingredients a bit.  I left out the raisins - no shocker there with me of course.  I wasn't sure how that was going to affect the texture so I decided to replace that cup of raisins with another cup of carrots. Dorie's description made the carrot flavor sound fairly subtle and I didn't think I would mind the extra hit of the carrot flavor.


I also happened to have some left over orange candied pecans (I'll post that recipe soon!) so I used those instead of the plain pecans.  I didn't really think the extra flavor would be noticeable, but it actually did still stand out in the cookie - and it was awesome!

The last thing I did to change things up was simply to turn some of these cookies into little inside-out carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting in the middle.  Any version would do - and incidentally I think it would be really nice with a little hint of cinnamon in the frosting.

Be sure to visit the TWD blog for everyone's links that made the cookies this week.



Memória said...

Your cookies look fabulous! My mom would love these.

Nickki said...

I am so glad Natalia picked this recipe otherwise I would have been missing out! I loved it. Your picture is just awesome!

Natalie said...

I thought of doing sandwich cookies, too! Who can resist a little cream cheese?

Di said...

Yum! Those look delicious sandwiched with the cream cheese frosting. Great idea.

Fallon said...

Yum!!! The carrot replacement was a good idea.

Sue said...

LOVE the sandwich cookie version-YUM!

Engineer Baker said...

Perfection! Then again, I'll take any excuse to consume cream cheese frosting :)

natalia said...

Ciao Holly ! Your cookies look so good !! Thank you for joining me this week !

Becky said...

making them into sandwiches sounds delish. i loved these cookies!!!

Mary said...

The extra carrots sound like a great idea! The filling in the middle looks fabulous in the orange cookies. I left the raisins out too, and used cream cheese, but as an ice cream. Vegetables+ice cream=a balanced meal.

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

Sandwich cookies! Yumm!! Great idea ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin