PheMomenon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.phemomenon.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Brunch Ideas

I thought with Mother's Day coming up on Sunday I would share three of my favorite brunch ideas for anyone out there who is having a get-together this weekend.

Photobucket

The first dish is this savory baked frittata I made recently for a teacher appreciation breakfast at Aidan's school. It is a mixture of so many good things all put together in one dish. While there is some prep work to put the dish together, you can pretty much make everything and bake it the night before and then just rewarm it the next morning, or bake it in the morning. It is best served just warm or at room temperature.

This version has caramelized onions, applewood smoked bacon, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan. Then I added even more goodness with sauteed mushrooms, roasted red bell peppers and spinach.

Photobucket

Next up is a sweet option with this french toast casserole or strata that was embellished chopped white chocolate, sliced almonds and fresh raspberries. Then I topped it off with some buttermilk caramel syrup. I served this one to my in-laws a couple of weeks ago and it was an absolute hit!

Photobucket

This last one is a basic, delicious buttermilk waffle that gets a couple of little upgrades with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter before closing the waffle iron. Then I topped the waffle off with a thick honeyed whipped cream and some fresh blackberries for a special treat. Making the waffles this way was actually all Aidan's idea, so since a 6 year old came up with the idea, it must be (and was) something that the whole family will love.

Happy Mother's Day to all out there!

5 comments:

Sook said...

What lovely ideas. I want these for breakfast on Mother's day. Could you pass this link to my husband? :)

rebecca @ beurrista said...

They all look fantastic, but the frittata looks particularly appealing! I'm hoping I go to brunch at Balthazar this Sunday, but if not, I just might make this for myself!

Mandy said...

The lemon-raspberry strata looks AMAZING!! Happy Mothers Day to you!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

They all look delicious! The frittata is gorgeous!

Manggy said...

Thanks for the recipes! I just prepared a M'sD lunch that nearly killed me :P Happy Mother's Day to you, Holly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin